2.10.2011

The Heart of Life: Day 14

A picture of a person you couldn't picture your life without


It couldn't be just one person, the people I couldn't imagine my life without would be my family, in particular my mom and dad (Felisha I have another blog for you)We didn't always get along when I was growing up, but a lot of that has changed. Looking back, I know all they wanted was the best for me, even though I probably didn't believe them at the time. It's crazy how time changes your perspective. They've given me everything and taught me so much. I'm proud of them for what they have accomplished and having been married 27 years in September. I'm not that great at expressing my feelings, but mom and dad, I love you with all my heart and I thank you for everything you've given me. I turned out okay and I am the strong person and successful person because you pushed me to be the best. You pushed me when I needed to be pushed, even if I didn't want to be. You believed in me and gave me everything, I love you both, with all my heart. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Missy K. I am so proud of the strong and successful young lady you are today. And yes, we have always tried to give you the best we had to give. Your right, we did't always get along but I loved you enough......to ask where you were going, with whom, and what time you would be home. I loved you enough to be silent and let you discover your new best friend was a creep. I loved you enough to let you see anger, disappointment, and tears in my eyes. Children must learn that parents aren't perfect. I loved you enough to let you assume the responsibility for your actions even when the penalties were so harsh they almost broke my heart. But most of all, I loved you enough....to say NO when I know you would hate me for it. Those were the most difficult battles of all. I'm glad I won them, because in the end your won, too. And someday when you have your own children and they are old enough to understand the logic that motivates parents your perspective will change again. I want to be a place you can come to...for shelter, for unconditional caring, for sharing all the support one can give. I want to be a person you can turn to for answers and understanding, or just reinforce the feelings of how incredibly special you are. I want to do everything I possibly can for you because that's what love does when it is strong and greatful and giving. I want you to know what a gift it is to be your parent, and that my love for you is never-ending. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you mom says 'Your new best friend was a creep...' she's not talking about me is she?? Ha ha ha....I love you mom! She has the best jokes.

    ReplyDelete