2.20.2011

American Idiot: Day 24

A picture of something you wish you could change
     
 
       
I wish I could change stupid people.
"The U.S. House of Representatives has just voted to bar Planned Parenthood health centers from all federal funding for birth control, cancer screenings, HIV testing, and other lifesaving care."
I really feel this is a step backwards. I don't like to get political but really? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING. It's annoying to me that people want to teach abstinence, pro life, and things like that and expect teen pregnancy and STDs at a low rate. You can't have it all! It's great to have your own opinion on the subject, but that doesn't mean everyone should live that way. If safe sex was taught in schools, and birth control and condoms were available to teens and young adults, teen pregnancy, STDs and abortion rates would be much lower. Europe knows whats up! Sex sells in America, just not safe sex. Which is sad. I'm not saying that if we changed our views on sex, things would be fine and dandy, I'm just saying it would be a step in the right direction. 
If the government cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood just imagine how life would be. Terrible. This is possibly one of the worst fucking ideas America has had. 
     
click here to make a difference. It only takes a moment.      

No comments:

Post a Comment